How Do I Transfer My UCS Data to Another Computer?Last Updated: July 12, 2019
Below you will find instructions on how to complete a Data Transfer from one computer to the other.
You will need the following:
- Host computer (This has the charts you wish to copy)
- Target computer (this is your second computer)
- USB flash drive or hard disk with at least 2GB space free.
Follow these steps to move your data across:
- Plug the flash drive into your host computer.
- Open the folder.
- Create a new folder.
- Name it "UCS Backup".
- Open your Documents folder.
- Copy the entire "Ultimate Charting" folder on to your USB drive into the "UCS Backup" folder.
- Once complete, remove the USB Drive from the Host Computer.
- Insert the USB drive into your Target Computer.
- Open the folder to view the files on it.
- Open the "UCS Backup" folder.
- Right click on the folder "Ultimate Charting" in the USB Drive and select "Copy", to copy the folder.
- Navigate to C:Users*YourUsername*Documents, and paste the "Ultimate Charting" folder here. If asked to overwrite, check "always" and click yes.
Once the paste is complete, open the Ultimate Charting Software. You should now have the same Workspaces and Custom Indicators as the original Computer