MT4: Creating Firewall ExceptionsLast Updated: December 19, 2019
If your firewall is not allowing data through it, your robot will have undesired results. Creating an exclusion for the MT4 application executable file in Windows Firewall will allow the program to function normally.
- Open the “Control Panel” via the Start Menu.
- Type "Allow an app".
- Click on "Allow an app through Windows Firewall".
- Click "Allow another app".
- Click the "Browse" button to locate the files.
- Browse to your MT4 program folder. This is normally located in C:\Program Files (x86)\your broker's name. Select the "terminal.exe" file.
- Click the "Add" button.
- Click "Ok".
Your MT4 platform has been granted access through your firewall for private internet connections.