What are the Forex Market Hours?Last Updated: June 18, 2019
The Forex market is open 24 hours a day. It provides a great opportunity for traders to trade at any time of the day or night.
Forex trading hours:
- New York opens at 8:00 am to 5:00 pm EST
- Tokyo opens at 7:00 pm to 4:00 am EST
- Sydney opens at 5:00 pm to 2:00 am EST
- London opens at 3:00 am to 12:00 noon EST
Therefore, two sessions will overlap at certain times:
- New York and London: between 8:00 am — 12:00 noon EST
- Sydney and Tokyo: between 7:00 pm — 2:00 am EST
- London and Tokyo: between 3:00 am — 4:00 am EST
It is important to know when the Forex Sessions begin and end. For instance, trading EUR/USD, and GBP/USD currency pairs would give good results between 8:00 am and 12:00 noon EST because this is when two markets for those currencies are active.